Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Football To Me

To me football is not just a game, but it is a way of life. Ever since I can remember I have always loved the game of football. It is the one sport that you can knock someone out and still be rewarded for it, and not punished like you would be out in the real world. Football is by far the most contact sport available for any one to play of all ages. You can play starting in just 4th grade. I have played football for my entire life. It all started when I was in second grade. I decided that I wanted to go out for the local flag football league here in Cedar Rapids. And from that point on I knew that football was the sport for me. In football you do not have to be the tallest person to play. In fact it is proven in the sport that the smaller mans always wins because he has more leverage. You are supposed to tackle at the legs so I already had a good advantage due to the fact that I was not all that tall. When I entered fourth grade I had to make a decision that did not take me long to make. At the time I was in boy scouts and I wanted to do football. Well I was told I had to pick one or another. Well after about ten minutes of thinking I chose football. It was a no brainer for me. To work so hard to be good at one sport and not play it was not an option in my mind. So I joined the Cedar Rapids Metro Youth Football Association or commonly known as the MYFA. You can play in this league from 4th to 7th grade, which I did. Then came seventh grade. This is the first year that you can play for the same school you go to. It is like moving from college to the NFL. You get to play in front of your family, friends, even teachers. All of this is even more motivation to win and play. Now I play the wonderful sport of football and I am in high school. I have no regrets that the decision I made back in 4th grade was the right one. I would not trade football for anything in this entire world. Football has made me who I am today, and who I will continue to be. It is not just a game to me, but football is my life. I play for my family. I play for my school. But most importantly I play for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment