Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Why To Join The Army

            It is probably one of the biggest decisions that a teenage guy needs to make. It is a decision I have made and I am proud of. And that is to serve in the military.

            It has been statistically proven that less than 1% of the United States population will volunteer to fight in the military. That’s crazy pending on the fact we already have one of the world’s biggest and most advanced military. Think if that 1% rose up to just 5%. Our military would be huge. I mean what is there to be afraid of for joining the military. No it is not going to be easy, and they will look for every possible way to kick you out. But you are being trained by people who have lived and fought and have long been a part of the most prestigious military the world has ever had.

            It states that to be a United States citizen you must be able to fight for your homeland. It is our conscious duty as men of America to fight and protect the ones we love. Women are looked upon in a different light when talking about joining the military. They do not have to sign up for the draft or anything near it. But that is for obvious reasons. My hats off and I respect every women who willingly has joined the military. And I would fight and give my life for her just as easy as I would for any of the men.
           
            The military is one big family. It is a place where it doesn’t matter what color you are. It doesn’t matter what sexuality you choose. It doesn’t matter where you come from. Everyone is family in the military. From the newest recruits to the oldest veterans. Anyone willing to lay down their life for their country is accepted. Because it boils down to this. When you are in enemy territory on an unknown continent. You are not just fighting for freedom and America. You are fighting for the person in the trenches next to you. You are fighting to survive and make it home alive.

            Death may come. It is a natural thing. People die every single day. I signed up to fight fully understanding that something greater could be asked of me such as laying down my life for someone beside me. I do not want to die in a nursing home in some bed. If it is my time then so be it in battle for me to lose my life. But let it be known that I went down fighting. Not having someone spoon feed me while I sit in a bed too old to walk. We owe it to those who have fought and died before us. They were in our positions at one point in time. Now it’s our turn for our generation to step up to the plate. In honor of my family. In honor of this country. In honor of those who have gone and fought before me. That is why I joined.

No comments:

Post a Comment